Patient-centered clinical care
Cardiovascular disease is the most common cause of death among women and men in Europe, responsible for 3.9 million deaths in Europe each year. It is also a major cause of disability and of reduced quality of life. Due to the longevity, improved survival of people, but also the levels of obesity and the rapidly increasing prevalence of diabetes in Europe, the number of patients with cardiovascular disease will increase, placing a heavy burden on society. These factors directly have impact on rising costs for healthcare in general and put physicians under increasing pressure. As a result, optimized workflows and improved resource utilization are crucial.
At the same time, precision medicine is emerging. Better understanding of disease pathways and detailed phenotyping are needed to allow early and accurate identification of disease and to offer patient-tailored treatments. All with the ultimate goal to reduce the burden of cardiovascular disease and improve outcome and quality of life of the individual patient.
To achieve patient-centered care, fast and quantitative imaging tools that provide the highest detail and accuracy in a safe and patient-friendly manner are a prerequisite. In addition, effective use of vast volumes of medical data and cumulative information is increasingly needed.
What we can do for you and your patients
- Best diagnostic image quality in every modality, ease-of-use, patient comfort, and product reliability to provide outstanding user experience, diagnostic confidence, and optimal workflow.
- Reduce the examination time dramatically with MR CardioLine+ by automatically detecting the required cardiac planes.
- Improve diagnosis, treatment and planning through hybrid imaging. Using Smart Fusion technology correlate the degree of coronary stenosis on CT with the information from myocardial strain derived from ultrasound in the surrounding myocardial territory.
- Capture the entire heart in a single rotation at the lowest dose using the wide area detector CT in combination with the Deep Learning Reconstruction technique AiCE (Advanced intelligent Clear-IQ Engine).
- Integrate and analyze clinical data from multiple modalities using Vitrea Advanced Visualization applications.
- Convert medical images into 3D printed models allowing patient specific models for a wide range of applications from patient education to planning of complex surgical and catheter-based interventions.
- Fuse supportive imaging data for an optimal guidance in cardiovascular
interventions using the Multi-modality roadmap of the Alphenix system.
- Assess complex and advanced disease with severe calcifications and
stent placement with ultra- high-resolution of the Aquilion Precision.
“ The Biplane enables both simple and complex interventions to be carried out in clinical practice. With the complicated redesign and installation process almost complete, the hospital has already started to benefit from this state-ofthe-art investment.The system clearly improved our technological capacity, provides multiple viewing options and better head access, as well as significantly reducing radiation exposure.”
Prof. Dipen Shah
Director of the Cardiac Electrophysiology Unit,
University Hospital Geneva (HUG), Geneva, Switzerland.
“ Artificial Intelligence is a bright future for 3T cardiovascular MRI, and the Vantage Galan is at the edge to that development.”
João A.C. Lima, M.B.A., M.D.
Director of Cardiovascular Imaging
Professor of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, USA
“ With Canon’s unique Volume CT systems we acquire the entire functional heart in one single rotation.”
Dr. Klaus Kofoed
Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark